Total Pageviews

Saturday, September 14, 2013

My Ethnic Day

I have wondered for awhile about the identities of persons I make contact with during the day. On a trip to New York last September, I found out how diverse my encounters are. Some are missing.

7:30 am Robert F. Kennedy Tool Booth, NYC - A black woman took my bridge crossing fee
8:00 am - Purchased food at Dunkin Donuts - A Guyanese woman took my money and order.
8:05 am - A black Jamaican woman handed me my food order.
8:30 am - Arrived at St. Peter's Lutheran Church, Springfield Gardens, Queens, NY. Will be with this African Descent Congregation for the next six hours.
9:38 am - Spoke to Jamaican/American man about parking in church parking lot.
10:00 am - Greeted several NYC police officers along congregation parade route, 4 whites, 3 blacks, all males.
4:00 pm - A black woman checked my rental car in at LaGuardia Airport, NYC
4:10pm - A black male drove the rental shuttle
4:12 pm - Had a brief conversation with a white couple in the shuttle. I initiated it.
4:20 pm - Latino woman processed my rental car return
5:59 pm - My bartender was Equdorian  (male) at LaGuardia Airport.
6:04 pm - Had brief exchange with a white male at the bar about the Beatles hit, Eight Days A Week, which was background music. I initiated conversation.
6:16 pm - Conversation with Guyanese male at bar. He initiated conversation.
7:00 pm - Indian woman directed me to TSA line
7:05 pm - Interact with black male, white female, and black woman TSA agents
7:30 pm - Boarded flight, greeted by white woman flight attendant
7:35 pm - Greeted Mexican seating partner
9:30 pm - paid parking fee to black woman attendant in Columbia, SC

No comments: